What is McVCIS? (pronounced "mac-vee-sis")
McVCIS allows you to call the U.S. District Court's computer from any touch tone telephone and hear the following case information read to you by a computer-synthesized voice:
- Case Number
- Name of the Parties
- Case Filing Date
- Name of Attorney
- Name of Judge
What is the charge for using McVCIS?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is the service available?
You may call 7-days a week, 24-hours per day.
How current is the information?
Since it is retrieved from the court's live database, the information reported is the most current available.
How do I use McVCIS?
When you call the McVCIS number shown below, the computer will answer the telephone and provide you with detailed instructions. To effectively use the system please have one of the following available before calling.
- Case Number
- Participant Number
- Social Security Number
How to use McVCIS
1. Dial (866) 222-8029 to access case information for all courts participating in the McVCIS program.
2. You will be prompted to select one of the following options:
- Select 1 for English
- Then type 6276 for NCMD
- Select 2 for Civil or 3 for Criminal
3. To enter the name of the participant, type the last name and the first name followed by the middle initials. Spaces and punctuation are not needed. Press the pound (#) key to tell the computer you have finished entering the name.
Individuals - For example, to enter the name "Joe M. O'Neill", press the following keys:
Businessess - Omit suffixes such as Inc. or Corp. For example, to enter the name Sub Shop Inc., press the following keys:
4. Listen and the system will read information about the case.