Drop boxes may be used for filings during Clerk’s Office intake counters hours starting at 9:00 a.m. thru 3:00 p.m.
Clerk’s Office staff will retrieve documents from the drop boxes at 3:00 p.m. each day that the court is open.
CM/ECF Registered Users are reminded that unless otherwise limited by these procedures, local rules, or other order of the court, all pleadings, documents (including attachments and exhibits), and other papers in civil and criminal cases are to be filed electronically through the CM/ECF system.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of the following documents or items be placed in the drop boxes:
- Currency of any kind
- Sealed or in camera documents
Filing Procedures and Payments:
- Complete and enclose filing information contact cards provided (Green index cards for U.S. District Court and Blue index cards for U.S. Bankruptcy Court) with the following information: Please write legibly. This information will be used to send you information acknowledging receipt of your information including payment receipts.
- Place documents in envelope provided: To facilitate processing do not include paper clips, if possible.
- Enclose restitution payment or filing fee (if required). Under no circumstances should currency of any kind be included in the envelope provided. Include a check or money order payable to “Clerk, United States District Court” in the exact amount of the filing fee, if a fee is required or restitution payment.
- Enclose return envelopes for conformed copies (if requesting). Enclose self-addressed, stamped envelope(s) of appropriate size with adequate return postage. Copies will be placed in the mail the same day the documents are retrieved from the drop box and docketed, which may be the next day.
- Seal envelope and place document(s) in the drop box. Make sure the following are enclosed in the envelope before sealing:
- Index Card contacting your contact information,
- Your documents,
- Your filing fee or restitution payment, if required
- Envelope for conformed (duplicate) copies.
Documents will be retrieved by court staff at 3:00 p.m. each day. If you need further assistance, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 336-332-6000.